Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Fwd: Update. Adult scoliosis surgery 10 years ago. Long term success a quuality of life.



-------------
Lloyd A.  Hey, MD MS
Hey Clinic for Scoliosis and Spine Surgery
Raleigh, NC USA

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jane <@nc.rr.com>
Date: December 12, 2008 2:07:37 PM EST
To: dr. Hey
Subject: Update

My dear, dear Dr. Hey:
 
Ten years ago, on December 23, 1998, I entered the post op of Duke Medical Center with fear and trembling.  Not that I had a real choice; but after much dialogue and exploring other avenues to relieve my extreme back pain, you proposed a spinal fusion.  That was the wisest decision of my entire life because it took me from a possible life in a wheelchair to where I am today.  These past 10 years have been spent at our home on Kiawah Island, SC.   An occasional bout  with bursitis is about all I can recall during these years.  As of October of this year, we have moved to Chapel Hill, NC and both my husband and I feel this is the best place to spend the rest of our life.  I am now 78 years old and have the assurance that if my best friend, Dr. Lloyd Hey, is ever needed, he is there and waiting.  Thank you for all you have done, and I thank God you were given the ability to mend and heal those who are in such pain.  It is a true calling .
 
 
Jane
  

No comments: